An important message to our customers
Stores re-open with reduced trading hours
We are excited to announce the opening of select Industrie locations in Australia and New Zealand, to allow our customers the option of purchasing in stores in alignment with advice from Federal & State Governments. Sadly, all our standalone Industrie stores in Victoria will be temporarily closed from 5 August 2020.
For Myer and David Jones concession openings, we recommend you visit the respective department store's website for further information.
Industrie continues to monitor the COVID 19 situation very closely and to operate in accordance with all Government advice and directives. Industrie is committed to help deter the spread of coronavirus and we are taking all necessary measures to ensure our stores are safe environments. This includes:
- Increasing the frequency of disinfectant cleaning of all stores - Store's will close their doors at 12:30pm, 3:30pm and 6:30pm daily for cleaning. Please allow up to 15 minutes for this to take place.
- Informing all staff about best hygiene practices
- Increasing the supply and access of hand sanitisers, disinfectant products and gloves to all stores
- Enforcing social distancing of at least 1.5 metres between individuals
- Clearly marked identifiers at point of sale to advise distancing requirements
- Contactless payment transactions only
The safety of our staff, customers and community is of upmost importance and we will continue to review the situation and act on all State and Federal Government advice issued in response to the coronavirus. We ask that if you are feeling unwell that you refrain from visiting.
If you would prefer to shop online you can continue to visit us at www.industrie.com.au where we have waived all domestic shipping fees.
If you have any questions about our trading hours please reach out to us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via our social channels. We will endeavour to provide you with an immediate response.
Thank you for your continued support & we look forward to welcoming you in store.
6 May 2020
Suspension of international postal services
Unfortunately, due to limited airline capacity and government restrictions as a result of COVID-19, our shipping partner Australia Post has suspended postal services to a number of international destinations. These destinations can be found at auspost.com.au.
If you are from one of these locations and wish to place an order, please be in touch with us at email@example.com and we will do our best to help you.
28 April 2020
Our shipping partner's response to COVID-19
Australia Post has seen a significant increase in its parcel volumes, similar to what it experiences during online sales such as Black Friday and Boxing Day. It is processing close to two million parcels a day.
Unfortunately, there are challenges:
- There have been massive reductions in air freight capacity (which would normally carry 700 tonnes of parcels on any week).
- Social distancing in its processing facilities also means that we are unable to simply put on more staff, like it would do during peak periods.
Despite these challenges, Australia Post is doing all it can to process the massive volumes and has made the following investment:
- It has chartered eight extra freighters.
- Is operating its facilities across each weekend, and drivers out on the road delivering.
- Has stood up 9 temporary processing facilities.
- Is taking on an extra 630 casuals across the network, including the contact centre to deal with the significant increase in customer queries
This will free up posties to be retrained and redeployed into delivery vans to help process parcels.
Australia Post is progressively making these changes and continues to look at ways to optimise the delivery network to meet the current unprecedented demand of parcel volumes.
The majority of parcels are still arriving on time, but Australia Post asks and thank our customers for their patience, as they work as hard as they can to get parcels to you as quickly as possible.
14 April 2020
Disruptions to domestic delivery network
Our shipping partner, Australia Post's priority is to protect its employees, customers and community so they can continue to serve Australians both during, and after, the Coronavirus pandemic. They are doing everything possible to keep delivering for Australia - Post Offices remain open and posties and drivers are still out delivering each and every day.
Australia Post regrets to inform customers that due to reductions in air freight capacity, there may be delays on the parcels network that Australia Post operates around the country, particularly to regional and rural communities.
Delays will mean:
- The delivery time for Perth and Brisbane may increase by up to five days
- The delivery time for North Queensland may increase by up to seven days
- The delivery times for Tasmania may increase by three days
Australia Post is exploring all available transport alternatives and options, and working with the Australian Government, to minimise resulting impacts for customers.
If you have placed an online order at Industrie and are waiting for your delivery, please use the Australia Post tracking tool to keep up to date with estimated delivery times.
31 March 2020
Further disruptions to international shipping
From this week our shipping partner, Australia Post, expects major international delivery delays due to flight cancellations and government restrictions because of COVID-19. Australia Post is working with partner airlines and other postal operators to move items as quickly as possible. For the most up to date information on disruptions to Australia Post, please visit auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/international-mail-updates.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. If you have any queries about your international order, please be in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
27 March 2020
Our retail stores
To ensure the health and safety of our team, valued customers and wider community we have made the very difficult decision to temporarily close the doors of our Australian and New Zealand retail stores until further notice.
We will extend our return period for an extra 14 days after stores re-open for all store purchases made on or after 16 March 2020.
Online and deliveries
Industrie.com.au will remain open with minimal delays to delivery at this time. Our shipping partner, Australia Post, will be providing contactless deliveries with no signature required. To help support everyone in these unusual times, we are offering free standard delivery within Australia on all orders.
Here to help
Know that we're always here to answer any questions, feedback, or simply just to chat at email@example.com or via DM on Instragram and Facebook.
Stay safe, healthy and well.
19 March 2020
Disruptions to international shipping
Our shipping partner Australia Post is experiencing international delivery delays. Australia Post is working with partner airlines and other postal operators to move items as quickly as possible. However due to the ever-changing situation, delays may occur in all destination countries.
Please refer to the country specific updates for further information around expected delivery delays by visiting auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/international-mail-updates.
18 March 2020
Changes to store trading hours
Industrie is closely monitoring COVID-19 and the advice of state and national health authorities in relation to infectious diseases. The health and safety of everyone visiting and working at Industrie is our primary focus, as we continue to create a safe and welcoming experience.
Our retail stores will remain open (until further notice) with adjusted trading hours. If you plan on visiting one of our stores we recommend you call ahead to confirm opening hours. All store phone numbers can be found on our Store Locator page, or feel free to call our Customer Care team on 02 9550 6550.
We ask all our customers to practice good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. You should:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- If unwell, avoid contact with others (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
We will continue to re-evaluate opening hours on a daily basis. We apologise for any inconvenience our adjusted trading hours may cause and look to return to our usual trading hours in the near future. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
6th August 2020
Industrie – COVID-19 Factory Commitments
In the face of the devastating impact of COVID-19 on factory garment workers we took the following approach:
What we did
- At the inception of the Covid-19 crisis in Australia we took the following steps
1 We guaranteed that all orders, to all factories, would be honoured
2 We guaranteed that all orders would be paid for as agreed
3 We remained with all of our factories, building an even stronger relationship
What we did not do
- We did not move to other factories. We stayed with our factories and we always have, providing certainty for their business and workers.
- We did not cancel orders with our factories, we stood by our obligations.
What we will do next
- We are planning to strengthen our business with our existing factory base and not look to move to new factories.
- We have placed orders on new business and will look at opportunities to grow as soon as possible
We have long standing relationships our factories, and their workers.
During this pandemic, more than ever, Industrie has maintained a strong relationships with all of the factories that make our clothes. We wouldn’t do it any other way
The Industrie’s factory “Code of Conduct” remains in place and all of our factories are maintaining these strict guidelines.
Our business is meaningful to our factories, and the garments they make are very important to us.
Our first priority is, and remains the success of the brand, we cannot achieve this without great factories and their workers making great clothes for our loyal customers.
To us it’s the only way